An effective, reversible contraceptive method which is inserted just below the skin (subdermal). It is a long term reversible method which gives you protection for up to five years. Can be removed at any time before the completion of the 5 years when a pregnancy is desired. There is more than 99% effectiveness. Ability to become pregnant soon after removal is an advantage.
1. You cannot use Implants while breast feeding
- NO. there is no harmful effect on the growth or health of infants and on quality and quantity of breast milk.
2. Lack of bleeding due to implants will be harmful
- NO. If you do not have your periods while using implants, it does not harm your health or future fertility. It actually protects you from uterine carcinoma.
3. Implants will cause weight gain
- NO. You may gain weight due to increased appetite. This can be controlled by regular exercise and a healthy diet.
4. Implants will increase the risk of Cancer
- NO. Implants make the uterine lining (lining of the womb) thin. This prevents the over growth of the endometrium and prevents endometrial carcinoma. The implant decreases the stimulation of the ovary which ultimately reduces ovarian carcinoma.
Subdermal Implant is a perfect method of contraception for couples who want a long term reversible contraceptive method & teenagers who want to postpone pregnancy.